Jira project migration : original assignee got overridden by default assignee on target project

kumarve November 22, 2015

Hello

I was migrating project from A to B , there were tickets assigned to team members in project A. When I moved to new project the assignee field was overridden by the default assignee of the target project (B).

The change history section of the ticket shows original assignee value. I believe that the values are persisted and are can be reverted to original value by running SQL update query on JIRA DB. Is my understanding correct? Is there any other way i can reset the assignee to original value without manually updating on each JIRA.

1 answer

0 votes
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
November 22, 2015

Use bulk edit.  Changing things in SQL in JIRA is usually a nightmare, and you can break JIRA spectacularly unless you know exactly what you are doing.  Even something as apparently simple as an assignee change can have an "interesting" effect.  ("Interesting" meaning "looking for the backup tapes because it stopped working completely)

Suggest an answer