Jira new issue view - How do I manage watchers

Paul Holden September 28, 2018

Hi,

In the old issue view I could see how many people were watching an issue, who they were, and add watchers.

In the new version all I can find is the Eye-con that allows me to toggle on and off whether I am watching an issue.

How do I manage other watchers in the new view?

Thanks,

Paul

5 answers

2 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Lewis Cook March 5, 2021
0 votes
Answer accepted
Petter Gonçalves
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
September 28, 2018

Hello Paul,

The new issue view is still a lab feature on JIRA, so our developers are still working to implement some functionalities to it.

The one you mentioned, was already reported to our development team, so you can vote to increase the impact of the ticket and watch it and be aware of new updates:

Allow to add other users as Watchers and see the Watcher List in the New Issue View

For now, you can reverse to the old view if you really need this functionality.

Jenny Deutschendorf November 13, 2018

Hi Petterson, I voted for this feature as well because I need to manually add watchers to each task. Can you explain how to go back to the old Jira view? This just updated on our end today and I couldn't find where I can add/view the watchers. 

Petter Gonçalves
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
November 13, 2018

Hello Jenny,

To roll back to the old view, you can click on your profile picture at the left-down corner of the application > Personal Settings

Unflag the lab feature of the New Jira issue view for software projects

Like # people like this
Jenny Deutschendorf November 14, 2018

Thank you! I was able to do this. 

Petter Gonçalves
Atlassian Team
November 14, 2018

You are welcome, Jenny.

Paul Holden November 23, 2018

Even if you don't make the general change in Personal settings, maybe because you generally like the new view, there should be a link at the top right of the new issue layout that takes you to the old layout for just that issue. "See the old view"

Like # people like this
0 votes
Niamh O Riordan February 18, 2021

The new view is becoming compulsory soon. Looks like we still can't manage watchers in it. This is ridiculous 

Niamh O Riordan February 18, 2021

I take it all back. It's there if you click the eye icon. Carry on Atlassian, good job :)

Paul Holden February 18, 2021

:) I was about to say, I've been doing that for a while now...

0 votes
Nicolas LACOUR November 4, 2020

November 2020.

The Watcher functionality is still missing on the New Issue View.

Is it still a beta version ?

Petter Gonçalves
Atlassian Team
November 4, 2020

Hello @Nicolas LACOUR

Actually, the Watcher functionality is properly working on the new issue view. Please, note that the feature request is resolved now:

Allow to add other users as Watchers and see the Watcher List in the New Issue View 

If you are not able to manage watchers as you need, please check if you have the proper permissions under project settings > Permissions.

0 votes
Dmitry January 25, 2019

Sorry, the porposed work-around did not work for me:

"

Note: The new issue view is on for all business and next-gen projects, so this won't affect them."

Any other suggestions?

Suggest an answer