Jira issue is visible in project board but not through the link in dashboard

Hitendra Chauhan September 28, 2016

A new issue is created in a brand new project in JIRA.

With this link the "issue" should open but it doesn't open.

http://myserver:8080/browse/TEST-1

Below is screen print of how it appear when the above link is clicked

image2016-9-28 15:53:18.png

However same issue is visible in project board as shown below:-

image2016-9-28 16:12:7.png

1 answer

0 votes
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
September 28, 2016

Two very quick things

1. Could you re-index the project and try viewing the issue and the board again?  (Projects have a re-index option near the top right in the admin settings for it)
  2. Do you have any add-ons or hacked-in javascript that might be altering the display?

I just re-indexed the project, but no success.

The new project is created in a new installation of JIRA . There are no extra add-on installed.

Also there are no script and I tried by cleaning browsers history and temporary internet files.

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
September 28, 2016

Ok, there's something badly broken in that display picture, but the only time I've seen it is when you've got a broken index or very broken javascript hacks.

I'd like to have a look at the page (view issue) with a browser dev tool, to see exactly what is on the page and why there's no gap between the header and footer - that might show something.  But if not, then I'd take this one to Atlassian support at https://support.atlassian.com

Yes, I just saw there is a bad request in chrome console.

image2016-9-29 11:50:6.png

Now when I opened the bad request url in the browser, the json data says, the issue no longer exist.

image2016-9-29 11:51:5.png

I think, I  should open Atlassian support as you already suggested .

Suggest an answer