Jira issue is visible in project board but not through the link in dashboard

A new issue is created in a brand new project in JIRA.

With this link the "issue" should open but it doesn't open.

http://myserver:8080/browse/TEST-1

Below is screen print of how it appear when the above link is clicked

image2016-9-28 15:53:18.png

However same issue is visible in project board as shown below:-

image2016-9-28 16:12:7.png

1 answer

This widget could not be displayed.

Two very quick things

1. Could you re-index the project and try viewing the issue and the board again?  (Projects have a re-index option near the top right in the admin settings for it)
  2. Do you have any add-ons or hacked-in javascript that might be altering the display?

I just re-indexed the project, but no success.

The new project is created in a new installation of JIRA . There are no extra add-on installed.

Also there are no script and I tried by cleaning browsers history and temporary internet files.

Ok, there's something badly broken in that display picture, but the only time I've seen it is when you've got a broken index or very broken javascript hacks.

I'd like to have a look at the page (view issue) with a browser dev tool, to see exactly what is on the page and why there's no gap between the header and footer - that might show something.  But if not, then I'd take this one to Atlassian support at https://support.atlassian.com

Yes, I just saw there is a bad request in chrome console.

image2016-9-29 11:50:6.png

Now when I opened the bad request url in the browser, the json data says, the issue no longer exist.

image2016-9-29 11:51:5.png

I think, I  should open Atlassian support as you already suggested .

Suggest an answer

Atlassian Summit 2018

Meet the community IRL

Atlassian Summit is an excellent opportunity for in-person support, training, and networking.

Learn more
Community showcase
Posted Wednesday in New to Jira

Are you planning to trial, or are currently trialling Jira Software? - We want to talk to you!

Hello! I'm Rayen, a product manager at Atlassian. My team and I are working hard to improve the trial experience for Jira Software Cloud. We are interested in   talking to 20 people planning t...

215 views 3 0
Join discussion

Atlassian User Groups

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find a group

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find my local user group

Unfortunately there are no AUG chapters near you at the moment.

Start an AUG

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local meet up. Learn more about AUGs

Groups near you