Jira isn't showing description field for sub-tasks

tinyCabbage November 17, 2015

Hello 

The description text box isn't showing when we create a sub-task from a story for some reason. 

Any ideas why that might be?

Untitled.jpg

Thanks - Peter

4 answers

1 vote

Ah ha, it was hidden in the field configuration. Thanks @Nic Brough [Adaptavist]

1 vote
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
November 17, 2015

Issue types can have different "create" and "edit" screens, and you can also limit or hide fields from issue types.  (There's a third possibility, but that only applies to custom fields, so I won't mention it here)

You need to check that

• The sub-task issue type "create" screen has the Description on it (Look at the project config and "issue type screen scheme")
  • The sub-task field configuration may have hidden it.  (Look at the project config and "field configuration")
0 votes

Checking the field configuration now, but our jira's a bit of mess, tons of projects, screen types, field config, hard to find my way around. 

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
November 17, 2015

That's often the case, and it's why I tend to start with the project config - it at least starts with the right schemes!

0 votes

So all 3 operation shares the same screen. 

2015-11-17 18_14_35.png

That being this 2015-11-17 18_15_20.png

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events