Jira fails to start incorrect function

SchwilkDesigns July 28, 2017

For some reason my Jira started to fail starting the service.  The only error is "incorrect function"  I have updated to the most current version and it still won't start for the same reason.  How do i fix this?

3 answers

0 votes
Maitrey Patel
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
January 25, 2019

Have you checked with JAVA_HOME variable? That's the entry point of the application

Cheers

0 votes
SchwilkDesigns July 31, 2017

I know it is too liitle but that was all the event log showed.  I ended up looking into the server a little more and found that the Java updated with Windows updates.  The Jira service did not update to the new directory for the Java runtime unlike Confluence.  For some reason Confluence updated that path and worked fine.  I changed the directory on the Jira service and everything started fine.  In the future Atlassian should look at putting a little more information in the event log other than "Incorrect funtion".  Thanks everyone.

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
July 31, 2017

Mmm, they can't - the incorrect function is thrown by the OS trying to start something that isn't there.  It's not getting as far as running anything Atlassian have written.

I'm not sure what the installer has done, but you shouldn't need to change the path - they should be set to use the bundled version.

0 votes
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
July 28, 2017

"Incorrect function" is far too little to tell us anything.  Where are you seeing this error, and what does the rest of the data around it say?  (If it's in the UI and really is just "incorrect function", then what does the log say before and after the message is written into the log?)

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events