For some reason my Jira started to fail starting the service. The only error is "incorrect function" I have updated to the most current version and it still won't start for the same reason. How do i fix this?
"Incorrect function" is far too little to tell us anything. Where are you seeing this error, and what does the rest of the data around it say? (If it's in the UI and really is just "incorrect function", then what does the log say before and after the message is written into the log?)
I know it is too liitle but that was all the event log showed. I ended up looking into the server a little more and found that the Java updated with Windows updates. The Jira service did not update to the new directory for the Java runtime unlike Confluence. For some reason Confluence updated that path and worked fine. I changed the directory on the Jira service and everything started fine. In the future Atlassian should look at putting a little more information in the event log other than "Incorrect funtion". Thanks everyone.
Mmm, they can't - the incorrect function is thrown by the OS trying to start something that isn't there. It's not getting as far as running anything Atlassian have written.
I'm not sure what the installer has done, but you shouldn't need to change the path - they should be set to use the bundled version.
I have multiple projects that use variations of the same base workflow. The variations depend on the requirements of the project or issue type. The variations mostly come in the form of new statuses ...
Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!Find a group
Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!
Unfortunately there are no AUG chapters near you at the moment.Start an AUG
You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local meet up. Learn more about AUGs