Jira default Roles not removing

Robert G. Nadon
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
November 15, 2016

Hiya All,

I have a strange one.  I go into Manage Default Members in the Project Role Browser and I click Edit on the Default Groups.   There are some groups in there that simply will not be deleted.  I select the checkbox, click Remove and the group is still there.   Also there is nothing in the log file.   Not only that I am able to add the group again and remove the one I just added but the original group  is still there.

Confusing, sorry.  I have a distribution list All - Dlist that is being used as the default Groups to Project Role: Users.  I am trying to remove it as dlists should not be used in security.  I cannot delete it and nothing appears in the log file.  

Just wondering if anyone else ever ran into this, and how to get rid of it?

Thanks,

Robert

1 answer

1 vote
Jobin Kuruvilla [Adaptavist]
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
November 15, 2016

I'm curious, are you member of the group you are trying to remove? Also, are you seeing any javascript errors in the browser console?

Robert G. Nadon
Rising Star
Rising Star
November 15, 2016

Yes I  am a member, but I can go in with an admin ID that is not, and the same results.    I have tried multiple browsers.   As far as javascript yes good call, though I am not sure what to do with them:

Your are trying to create a ToggleBlock with selector '.twixi'.One already exists with this trigger so has been ignored. batch.js:2609
Your are trying to create a ToggleBlock with selector '.toggle-trigger'.One already exists with this trigger so has been ignored. batch.js:2609
DEPRECATED - Dropdown constructor has been deprecated and will be removed in a future release. Use Dropdown2 instead.
exports.bindConfigDashboardDds@https://jira.verdasys.com/s/902661471077c964ffe61fc8bb6e5e8e-CDN/en_USbtimru/64022/70/85/_/download/superbatch/js/batch.js?locale=en-US:2631:1609 batch.js:204
DEPRECATED - Dropdown constructor has been deprecated and will be removed in a future release. Use Dropdown2 instead.
W@https://jira.verdasys.com/s/e7bdd9f71b1bb0fee9d2314eb77cd0d7-CDN/en_USbtimru/64022/70/b012e35398acee101afbf6f7e0e005b6/_/download/contextbatch/js/atl.admin,jira.global/batch.js?cache=false&locale=en-US:139:2

Suggest an answer