Jira crashes repeatedly

fkarraz May 5, 2020

Hi, here is the question. Lately, after i logged in to my web site, Jira gets too slow and most of the times it stops working. It's like when it wants to try to load the gadgets the problem occurs, but, if i enter a specific part of the website (by the url) jira works well.

In addition to the above, using Atlassian Troubleshooting and Support Tools, i have received a notification that checks "which Checks whether the instance is connected to an HSQL or H2 database" and as a result it tell me that "Jira is using the H2 embedded database. You should migrate to a supported database to ensure your data is safe".

Could this problem with the database cause the page crashes (considering the above that it only happens when you access the dashboard)?

Regards,

Facundo

2 answers

0 votes
Mohamed Benziane
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
May 6, 2020

Our dev instance was using the embedded database, and what i can say is it was very slow, every clic you have to wait 20 second or more.

So i will say that if your dashboard have a lot of gadget, data may be the database can't handle it and Jira crashes.

0 votes
Benjamin
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
May 5, 2020

I haven't encounter this issue myself. At times, the dashboard loads slow depending on the widget and the rendering but that usually happens when I connect remotely which is more pertain to network. 

Have you tried dashboards with a few widgets?

or capture logs to share?

Suggest an answer