Jira core or Jira Software

Karthik Viswanathan September 11, 2017

Hi Team,

I am consulting for a Research and Development company in the pharmaceuticals domain. They are looking for a tool to manage the end to end cycle of a product development which involved various tasks performed by different departments (Marketing, Purchase, Lab, Production) serially as well as parallely.

The finance team also would like the time spent by various individuals on each of the multiple projects that they handle.

I would like to know if Jira Software or Jira Core is the right tool to suggest for the given requirement.

Kindly advise.

1 answer

0 votes
Jobin Kuruvilla [Adaptavist]
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
September 11, 2017

You might want to take a look at this article: https://confluence.atlassian.com/confeval/jira-software-evaluator-resources/jira-software-which-jira-do-i-need

If you have dev teams working on multiple projects, who would potentially need scrum boards to plan their work and integrate with other development tools, you will surely need JIRA Software.

You can get JIRA Core license for the etire company but get JIRA Software license for only developers and others who will make sure of the extra functionality.

Suggest an answer