Jira cloud - how can I find average time spent in a status for export to create report across boards

Michelle Clements January 9, 2018

I am trying to create a report across boards.  I would like to determine how much time each team is spending in the status for the workflow.  The out of the box reports do not seem to provide the level of detail I need.  Addditionally they are at a board level and I am looking for the inforamation across boards.  

If not out of the box Jira, then is there a plug in I can use to obtain this information?

Thanks

1 answer

0 votes
Andy Heinzer
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
January 10, 2018

We have a number of Feature Requests to be able to report on the time that Issues were in a particular status while the were opened, however many are quite old and have not had a lot of feedback or input on them:

I know of a few 3rd Party Apps that bring in additional Reporting options within Jira however I think the EasyBI Reports and Charts for Jira Cloud might have the reporting options you're looking for; they specifically have a History of Issue Statuses report that would show you the statuses of your Issues and Requests in a stacked Bar Chart over a given period of time.   There could also be other plugins in the Atlassian Marketplace that might be able to provide this functionality, however I am not certain about any other specific plugins that do this.

If this type of report is an important feature to have within Jira, it might be helpful if you include your feedback on our Feature Request cases and provide your Use Case so that our Developers and Product Managers have a better understanding of how this type of reporting may be used.

Michelle Clements January 11, 2018

Thank you! At a high level, EasyBI Reports seems to have what I need.  Checking into it now.

Janis Plume _eazyBI_
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
January 15, 2018

Hi, Michelle,

You can create reports like that using the eazyBI add-on for Jira.

Please, find here in the Demo account several examples of how you can create the reports on average ages and analyze them by different dimensions: https://eazybi.com/accounts/1000/dashboards/4553-jira-issues-dashboard

For your exact needs, eazyBI offers a standard measure "Average days in transition status", and you can create a simple report of average days in status by drag and drop in the report dashboard (use the Transition status dimension and Assignee, for instance).

Best regards,
Janis, EazyBI support

Suggest an answer