Scott Wilder October 10, 2016

4 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
MattS
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
October 10, 2016

Scott, the usual ways you learn any tool. Play with a test instance. Then read your logs, read the docs, take part in a community such as the one here, read some blogs, go to some user groups, buy some books, read the books. Listen to your users' requests and ask them "why?" rather than just doing what they ask

I'm assuming you mean JIRA admin so for a JIRA book, I like Practical JIRA Administration, O'Reilly because it has my name on it.

Scott Wilder October 10, 2016

I will check out your book! Thanks! 

mlassau_atlassian
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
October 12, 2016

I have been a JIRA engineer for many years and I can honestly say that Matt's book is a clear, easy to read explanation of the core JIRA Admin concepts.

It's actually pretty small and easy to read: all stuff, no fluff.
I would recommend it to any aspiring JIRA admin.

The copy I read was written for JIRA 4.x IIRC, but most the core concepts have not changed.

Matt, has this ever been revised for newer JIRA versions?

0 votes
Scott Wilder October 12, 2016

I will be there tomorrow (a day late, but will learn a lot while I am there). Thank you

0 votes
Phill Fox
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
October 10, 2016

As Atlassian University training has just started at Atlassian Summit 2016 I have to say this should be one of the first answers. 

Scott Wilder October 12, 2016

Thanks!

0 votes
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
October 10, 2016

I'd say it was where I am now - in an Atlassian training course at Summit with Jamie Sawyer.  wink

Suggest an answer