Jira Shared Home (Jira Data Center)

Sa Kan
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
October 31, 2017

I have a separate host for shared home in my plugin. 

IP=72.26.207.21

Path=C:\Projects\Sahan\sharedJiraHome

I have defined it as below on my cluster.properties file.

jira.shared.home=\\172.26.207.21\C$\Projects\Sahan\sharedJiraHome

But looks like Jira doesn't get this location from the network. Instead it tries to create a new folder on my load balancer's C drive. 

172.26.207.21\C$\Projects\Sahan\sharedJiraHome

I am using ComponentAccessor.getComponent(JiraHome.class).getHomePath(). to get it.

Anyone has any idea on this?

2 answers

2 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Sa Kan
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
November 8, 2017

Yes, Nikita you are correct. Anyway, I simply mapped the networked folder location into my local drive letter (z:)... by just right clicking on it and map drive option from the right click list.

Nick November 8, 2017

I'm glad that everything works. :)

Sa Kan
Rising Star
Rising Star
November 9, 2017

Cool. Thanks!

Biswadeb Dutta February 11, 2023

Hi Sakan,

After mapping the networked folder location into local drive letter (z:) which path we need to mention in the cluster.properties file as I am getting an error that shared home directory is not correct and cache is not replicating

0 votes
Answer accepted
Nick November 1, 2017

Hi, jira shared home must be the same folder on all servers (nodes).

How to do this on Windows - written here: https://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/library/cc770569(v=ws.11).aspx

Sa Kan
Rising Star
Rising Star
November 7, 2017

Thanks Nikita. I will try and come back.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events