Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

It's not the same without you

Join the community to find out what other Atlassian users are discussing, debating and creating.

Atlassian Community Hero Image Collage

Jira Service Desk - Create issue in Jira project based on group

F.e. we have a customer for which we have 2 jira projects. On the support desk I added 2 groups, based on which group they make f.e. a bug request the issue has to be created in Project X or Project Y.

How can I add a conditional that allows me to separate them? 

2 answers

0 votes

As far as I understand, you want to limit issue types based on user groups. It is not possible.

I'd like to seperate them based on the service desk groups ( see screenshot)Screen Shot 2018-05-15 at 11.59.05.png

It is not possible. Here is the ticket:

https://jira.atlassian.com/browse/JSDSERVER-195

Maybe a hack around it but -> is it possible to give a feature a hidden label field and based on that hidden label make the differentiation between the 2 projects like I did in the screenshots?

Doesn't seem to work, but maybe I'm doing something wrong.Screen Shot 2018-05-15 at 12.59.29.pngScreen Shot 2018-05-15 at 12.59.17.png

I thought you wanted to hide certain request types for certain groups in the Portal. It can not be done in the Portal. But you can change the value of the request type field to the one you need, depending on the user group, in a post function. I think you can do it with ScriptRunner.

Sorry I think there is some confusion in terms, I'm new to this. 

So I have 2 groups, both groups have 3 request types. When a ticket is created it should be created in its corresponding Jira project. 

F.e. User creates ticket in Group X -> Issue gets created in Jira Project X

F.e. User creates ticket in Group Y -> Issue gets created in Jira Project Y

That's why in the above screenshot I tried to add a hidden label field -> to each request type in both groups. I wanted to make conditionals based on these labels. But doesn't seem to work. 

f.e. Group BD Website get the hidden label field 'BDWEB' & Group BD cloud gets hidden label 'BHC'. 

So no hiding is necessary based on the user or group, the problem now is the creation of Jira project issues. 

Ah, I see. I would avoid this solution. It is not simple to move issues between projects programmatically. Maybe you can use components instead of projects? You can read about components here:

https://confluence.atlassian.com/jirasoftwarecloud/organizing-work-with-components-764478279.html

Hi Nick,

A condition will not be possible but maybe a validation is? The bad thing about this is that they would go throught the process of creating the issue for later get an error message saying they are not able to create an issue there, but at least you can limit the functionality.

Regards

Suggest an answer

TAGS
Community showcase
Posted in Jira Core

How to manage many similar workflows?

I have multiple projects that use variations of the same base workflow. The variations depend on the requirements of the project or issue type. The variations mostly come in the form of new statuses ...

3,953 views 11 5
Join discussion

Community Events

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find an event

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Unfortunately there are no Community Events near you at the moment.

Host an event

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local event. Learn more about Community Events

Events near you