Jira - Project specific migration

AparnaN September 19, 2016

I have multiple JIRA servers for different projects, but now i want to migrate to one centralized server. I already have few projects on Centralized JIRA server and I want to migrate other projects also from other server to Centralized Server along with Workflow and issue types. Users abd permissions will be taken care by us separately and no need to migrate. I checked migration process but it seems, migration steps are for just changing server machine with complte setup.

How can I add new projects to my Centralized Server from other server without disturbing my current setup.

1 answer

1 vote
Petar Petrov (Appfire)
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
September 20, 2016

There is no built-in solution in JIRA which will allow you to move project configuration and data between instances in an automated fashion. You can use the built-in project import tool which can import the data for a single project from a backup, but it requires that all project configuration like issue types and workflows are already created on the target system, which is in fact the more cumbersome and error-prone part of the process.

This, however, can be quickly automated with Configuration Manager for JIRA. The process of moving a project between instances is described in the Use Cases section of the documentation. Our add-on has proven its value in many large-scale merges and migrations of JIRA projects or whole instances. If you have any questions just drop us an email at support@botronsoft.com.

Suggest an answer