Jira Project looses connection to Kanban Board

Bruno Keel September 20, 2016

Environment: JIRA Cloud

Hi

In all my software projects, I have created a KANBAN board - and the Kanban board is well configured with queries, shares, etc. And it works fine after configuration; i.e.

• When I open a project, the Kanban board appears in the project quick menu on the left side
  • if I open a Kanban board, the corresponding project opens (quick menu on the left side)

Now the problem:

From time to time, the connection from the Kanban board to the project is broken:

• When I open a project, there is no longer a Kanban board link in the quick menu on the left side
  • But when I open the Kanban board from the main menu (i.e. the board is still there!), the board opens in a neutral state without showing the project (it shows a generic icon on the left side an dthe Kanban icon only)
  • Note: The Kanban board itself works fine.

My current workaround

• I go into Kanban board configuration
  • I select "Edit shares", and without any change I "Save" it again
  • After that, the board is again linked to the project

Is there a final solution for that behaviour? Or is it a bug that has been reported allready? (I could not find anything...)

Thanks for your help guys.

1 answer

0 votes
tom1443 December 1, 2016

@Bruno Keel I believe this is because you aren't specifying the project in the query, for some reason for me I have to say AND/OR Project = project-name otherwise it won't add the kanban board to the project...

It's really annoying because I want to show 1 issue type across all projects from a single kanban board in a project but can't because I have to say which project.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events