Jira Project looses connection to Kanban Board

Environment: JIRA Cloud

Hi

In all my software projects, I have created a KANBAN board - and the Kanban board is well configured with queries, shares, etc. And it works fine after configuration; i.e.

• When I open a project, the Kanban board appears in the project quick menu on the left side
  • if I open a Kanban board, the corresponding project opens (quick menu on the left side)

Now the problem:

From time to time, the connection from the Kanban board to the project is broken:

• When I open a project, there is no longer a Kanban board link in the quick menu on the left side
  • But when I open the Kanban board from the main menu (i.e. the board is still there!), the board opens in a neutral state without showing the project (it shows a generic icon on the left side an dthe Kanban icon only)
  • Note: The Kanban board itself works fine.

My current workaround

• I go into Kanban board configuration
  • I select "Edit shares", and without any change I "Save" it again
  • After that, the board is again linked to the project

Is there a final solution for that behaviour? Or is it a bug that has been reported allready? (I could not find anything...)

Thanks for your help guys.

1 answer

This widget could not be displayed.

@Bruno Keel I believe this is because you aren't specifying the project in the query, for some reason for me I have to say AND/OR Project = project-name otherwise it won't add the kanban board to the project...

It's really annoying because I want to show 1 issue type across all projects from a single kanban board in a project but can't because I have to say which project.

Suggest an answer

Atlassian Summit 2018

Meet the community IRL

Atlassian Summit is an excellent opportunity for in-person support, training, and networking.

Learn more
Community showcase
Published 8 hours ago in Marketplace Apps

The 7 hacks of highly successful automation

...there's anything I've learnt from working, it's that people are lazy! No offense to anyone reading this, but it's true and we can all admit it. The easier you make something for someone, the more...

42 views 0 8
Read article

Atlassian User Groups

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find a group

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find my local user group

Unfortunately there are no AUG chapters near you at the moment.

Start an AUG

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local meet up. Learn more about AUGs

Groups near you