Jira Project integrated with Kanban

Randall Anderson September 6, 2016

I am very new to Jira.

I have created a JIRA Project and would like to promote some of the tasks to a Kanban board

4 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
crochaju
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
September 6, 2016

Welcome onboard Randall!

HAve a look at https://confluence.atlassian.com/jirasoftwarecloud/blog/2016/02/make-way-for-backlogs-in-kanban-boards 

I feel it will help you!

Cheers!

3 votes
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
September 6, 2016

Boards are a view of a set of issues, they don't "contain" issues.

For a proper Kanban board, you need to be running "JIRA Software" - you'll have a "boards" option in the main menu, from which you can select "create new board", it'll offer you some simple options on getting started with the view ("create from single project" is the easiest and most intuitive) and create a board.

You can then go to the board configuration and edit it, changing the filter to suit the issues you really want to see on the board (e.g. change "project = xyz" to "project = xyz and issuetype = story")

2 votes
Jobin Kuruvilla [Adaptavist]
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
September 6, 2016

Do you already have a Kanban board? If not, you will have to create one.

If you want to include the issues in an existing Kanban board, you can modify the board's filter.

1 vote
Randall Anderson September 6, 2016

Thanks for your help..  Much appreciated...

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events