Jira OnDemand is too slow, is there a way to boost up the speed?

Minkyu Shim February 20, 2017

Hi, our company started using JIRA OnDemand several months ago.

Everything went smoothly as the features are awesome and those are what we were looking for.

The only problem is speed. It takes almost 30 secs to bring up a project page.

Is there a way to boost the speed up? 

Otherwise, we have to consider other services. 

We are located in South Korea.

I am looking forward the reply.

Thank you.

1 answer

1 vote
Stefan Arnold
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
February 20, 2017

Already thought about hosting JIRA Server yourself ?

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
February 21, 2017

The usual problem is the network connection between you and the data centres in the US.   Other Cloud users do not have any problems with speed.

As Stefan says, a good option is to run it yourself - that way you can put your server inside your own networks, and give it all the resources you think it needs.  Of course, there's the overhead of running your own kit, but you could still go to a Cloud provider who offers to run servers for you while you look after the software alone.  Another option is to get someone else to host it for you.  A lot of the Atlassian Solution Partners offer that.  I would lean towards one who is local to you - see https://www.atlassian.com/partners/search

Minkyu Shim February 21, 2017

Thank you for the answers! so I'll search for price options and all. 

Denis Davydkov April 20, 2017

> Other Cloud users do not have any problems with speed.

That's not true.

nikita July 26, 2017

This is not a serious reply. It is not that it is free and you can just allow yourself to suggest a hosted solution hereby deny your responsibility for speed. When we pay money and you deliver service the speed has to be normal. We are not asking from fast to instant, I just dont want to wait several seconds between each request when i have 500/500 broadband: I cant work with it. And it is Denmark, yeah sorry it is not a part of US yet. But you are not a little startup either that can be forgivven for this missing part. 

It is like if Hilton will offer companies to bring their own towels and bed sheets if we want them to be clean.  

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
July 26, 2017

Please re-read the answer and first comment beneath it.  And note that the speed of your broadband is only one factor when you are looking at the network between you and the US datacentre - you have to look at the speed of the whole chain of connections.

You might want to sign up for the Ireland beta to see if eliminating the transatlantic hop helps you out.

Also, bear in mind that we are end users like you.  Don't point the finger at the community when you mean Atlassian.

Remember - other Cloud users do not have any problem with speed (other problems at the moment, but not specifically speed)  So you have to establish why you do, and what is different between you and them.

Denis - yes, this is where my English is unclear.  I should qualify that with "Many" to make it clear:   Many other users do not have any problems with speed.

nikita July 26, 2017

Nic, I am sorry, I did not read the label properly. Thank you for your reply. 

Do you have any ideas what I could investigate on my side?

Our developers located in another country than me report that their bitbucket was recently down, and slack had problems too. It might be external factors aswell. 

Suggest an answer