Jira Licensing?? HELP!!!

Paul Stone July 30, 2020

We are running the Jira service desk and have just three agents (and we have the 3 agent starter pack). But I have to inactive all the non agents to comply with the licensing.. But, then the email queues stoping working.  Do we need to have licensing for Jira core too?!!!

Something doesn't seem right!!

-Paul

2 answers

0 votes
Paul Stone July 31, 2020

@Stephen Wright _Elabor8_ Yes, we are only using the service desk module within the Jira system.  We ran the system for 90 days with a trial license.  We purchased the 3 pack starter and I installed the license and it came up with a license exceeded, I had to go into the Jira users and make them inactive.  We only have 3 agents in the system, but around 100 unlicensed end users.

I have reviewed the FAQ on the unlicensed users setup within the service desk project and it seems everything is correct.

The technical information, users submit a service request via an email address, those emails are not getting picked up by the Jira  / Jira service.  This function was working correctly until we purchased the licenses. 

El Comercio Paraguayo August 7, 2020

Buenos dias

Yo tambien estoy esperando una respuesta por el mismo inconveniente y nadie me dice nada

0 votes
Stephen Wright _Elabor8_
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
July 31, 2020

Hi @Paul Stone 

Newer versions of Jira Service Desk do not require Jira Core / Jira Software - they are a standalone product. Do you just have Service Desk?

When you say email queues stopped working - what do you mean? Is this what queue an email-created ticket arrived into?

Ste

Suggest an answer