Jira - Is it possible to work without internet ?

Rambo July 5, 2016

Hello,

Context : My JIRA user sometimes go to work in our partner office without internet connexion. My JIRA instance is on server.

Problem : I wonder if is it possible for them to work on JIRA offline when they are moving, and then go back to their own office and record what they did on our local server ?

Thanks for you help

1 answer

1 accepted

3 votes
Answer accepted
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
July 5, 2016

No, JIRA is a server application, you work with data on the server via a client.

There are a couple of clients that allow offline working though - https://marketplace.atlassian.com/plugins/com.almworks.jira.plugin.jiraclient/server/overview is the one that springs to my mind, but there might be others.

Rambo July 5, 2016

Ok Nic, thanks for your answer.

Sachin Dhamale July 6, 2016

Hi Rambo,

I agree with Nic, But if you don't have any other solution then you can create the copy of your actual JIRA on local server (laptop). and you can work on it without internet then you can reflect that work on your actual. It will be tedious work but it will help you to capture your JIRA work. and create backup for it.

Rambo July 6, 2016

It could be a good idea. I'm gonna check that. Thanks Sachin ! 

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events