Jira Email This issue Change subject with new template

Bruce Schlueter November 30, 2016

Hi all,

I have different templates which have different subjects. I also have set the most used template in the context as email template. What I have noticed is that if I choose a different template that the subject will not be changed. Instead the "default" subject will be used. As soon as I leave the email template set to "Please select" the subject will be changed if I choose a different template. Is there any possibility to refresh the subject as soon as the template changes?

Thanks, Bruce

3 answers

0 votes
Bruce Schlueter May 8, 2019

Aivi, if you look at your outgoing context you can define a template. If you leave this blank or to be precise set it to the top entry "Please select..." then no template will be set and you can choose.

AE May 8, 2019

It can not be empty:

Error occured saving context

• Please select a Template and/or a Notification Template.
AE May 8, 2019

Ok, got it now. It is one of the confusing plugins in Jira.

Have googeled so much to find answers for 2 questions:

1. If person chooses different template, the subject should change

2. If person chooses template, the body should be filled and the person could change it.

Bruce Schlueter May 8, 2019

You either need an email template or a notification template. So if you leave the email template blank you must set a notification template. Just as the error message says. ;-)

I just looked at it again and it still works like this in my environment

0 votes
AE May 8, 2019

Bruce, how do you leave the email template set to "Please select"?

0 votes
t March 26, 2017

I would like this with the body aswell,

I have a bunch of different text templates.. and I cant find a way to have the email body text refresh when changing template?

I thought subject & email body would always be what the template specifies, but prefil only loads one when in my scenario there is a few text templates, which makes it difficult..

Suggest an answer