Jira Core evaluation along with our Jira Softare License.

John Campos August 3, 2017

We are a small shop with 5 developers.  We recently hired a program manager(PM).  With our recent purchase and installation of Jira Software, I thought it might be a good idea to have our PM evaluate Jira Core for her use.

Can we install Jira Core evaluation license on the same server (instance) as our Jira Software installation using the same database?

If we choose to purchase Core, the users would be her and likely one other.  Would this affect our license agreement for the combination of products we would own at that point? Currently $10 for Server installation.  (Softare and Core)

Thanks

John

1 answer

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
August 3, 2017

Yes, that's the point of having (up to) three applications in one place!

Your Core evaluation licence for 10 users will allow up to 10 people to be "just" Core users.  Your Software users will not see much change, as their licences include access to most Core functions.

A word of warning though - when the evaluation expires, if you don't buy, remove the key completely.  Running a Core system on an expired evaluation alongside a valid Software causes some odd behaviours.

John Campos August 3, 2017

Fantastic!  When I installed Jira Software, I created a database and user in my PostgreSQL instance.  When installing Core, would I user the same user/database for that install or would I create a seperate one? 

Thanks for all the help, I am looking forward to getting our team onboard!

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
August 3, 2017

No, stop, there's no "install" to do.  You already have Core - it's running beneath Software.

You just need to add an evaluation licence!

Suggest an answer