Jira Core and more

Support _ IT visibility August 13, 2020

Hi Everyone - we need Jira Core plus Helpdesk; ideally completed with Confluence and some basic CRM/marketing capabilities.

What would be the recommended approach (i.e. best practice) for getting started?

Thanks - Will

1 answer

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
August 13, 2020

Subscribe to Jira Service Desk and Confluence (both on Cloud) and start creating the service desk(s) (projects in Jira) and knowledge base(s) you need (spaces in Confluence).  If you do them together on the same domain, the two applications will be automatically linked and configured to work together for you.

You mentioned Jira Core as well as Service Desk, the reason I ignored it in the first paragraph is that you get it automatically.  Core provides issues, users, workflow, most of the UI, fields, etc.  Service Desk gives you an additional set of functions on top.  You may want to have a look at the peronae who will be using your Jira - customers, service desk agents and core/business users, as the licences you'll need can vary.

Have a read through https://confluence.atlassian.com/servicedeskserver/getting-started-with-jira-service-desk-939926015.html

The CRM/Marketing stuff is not something I would try to do with plain Jira and Confluence though.  I would look for apps to add capability for it to JaC, but I'd be looking at that after you've got the Service Desk stuff working, and with a close look at what you want from CRM/marketing

Support _ IT visibility August 14, 2020

Thanks Nic.

I tried to activate Service Desk with itv.atlassian.net => no such luck.

When I try itv.atlassian.net it says that Confluence has been deactivated.

Please advice - where do we go from here?

Kind regards - Will

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
August 14, 2020

You should be able to re-activate Confluence if you are the site owner.  My my.atlassian.com account shows a simple "activate" link for the Confliuences I've not used.

Support _ IT visibility August 15, 2020

There are none - only a few server editions that where tried back in 2018 - no cloud-things.

See also attached screenshot:

I filled the form behind "Contact Us" - no response until now.

Please advise - where to go from here?

It would be great if we could use itv.atlassian.net (or anything that starts with itv) because the company name is it-visibility.net => itv would be the perfect "shortcut".

=====

itv.atlassian.net.png

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
August 15, 2020

Go to your my.atlassian.com and re-subscribe to the service.

Support _ IT visibility August 15, 2020

Tried re-subscribing. The sytem comes back stating that the URL is already in use.

If I then try to connect to the url, it comes back stating "Confluence has been de-activated"- see also the screenshot in the previous message.

I don't know where to go from here.

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
August 15, 2020

"Already in use" is probably the more useful message. 

I do not think it is entirely clear here, but what I think may have happened is that

• Your old system had itv.atlassian.net
  • You didn't use it (and/or pay for it) for a while, so Atlassian shut it down
  • Someone else requested the same url, and now has a system running on that url
  • The "in use" anda "deactivated" messages are not really telling us exactly what is happening here.

I would also guess that itv.atlassian.net has been taken up by one of the UK's biggest media corporations.

Suggest an answer