Jira-Core Server 7.7 Only Seeing 3 Project Templates - Where are the other 5 Business Templates?

I just deployed Jira-Core Server 7.7 but don't see the 5 Business project templates or a way to enable them. 

I only have Project Management, Task Management and Process Management visible.

Content Management, Recruitment, Document Approval, Lead Tracking and Procurement are all missing.

I thought I would see this as mentioned here- https://www.atlassian.com/blog/hr-teams/jira-admins-5-new-business-templates-to-make-onboarding-easier

I was under the impression this was part of the Jira-Core offering. 

Any way to make these available?

Thanks

1 answer

This widget could not be displayed.

Hi Michael,

From reviewing that blog post, it looks like this blog post was created specifically for our Jira Cloud offerings and not currently for our Jira Server offerings. 

To help you get your business teams started faster, we’ve built 5 new business project templates that are included in every Jira cloud instance.

Unfortunately it does not appear that these specific new project templates have made their way into the Jira Server line platform just yet.   It is possible that these might be included in Jira core Server at some point in the future, but at the moment I can't seem to find any clear data on if or when that might happen.

Do you know if there is any update on this - whether all the wonderful looking templates that are mentioned in that blog post will actually be made available in JIRA Core Server?  We don't want to miss out, and we have a need to utilise a couple the specific templates mentioned such as Recruitment and Procurement.

Sorry all, I should have included this existing feature request in my last reply: https://jira.atlassian.com/browse/JRASERVER-65464

This is a feature request to bring those same project templates in Jira Cloud into the Jira Core Server product as well.   I would recommend watching and voting on that issue if you want to see this in Jira Server.   Should these project templates be included in a future release of Jira server, I would expect this ticket to be updated to reflect that.

Suggest an answer

Atlassian Summit 2018

Meet the community IRL

Atlassian Summit is an excellent opportunity for in-person support, training, and networking.

Learn more
Community showcase
Posted Wednesday in New to Jira

Are you planning to trial, or are currently trialling Jira Software? - We want to talk to you!

Hello! I'm Rayen, a product manager at Atlassian. My team and I are working hard to improve the trial experience for Jira Software Cloud. We are interested in   talking to 20 people planning t...

115 views 2 0
Join discussion

Atlassian User Groups

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find a group

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find my local user group

Unfortunately there are no AUG chapters near you at the moment.

Start an AUG

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local meet up. Learn more about AUGs

Groups near you