Jira Core, Businnes Process and Jira Server...

Patrice Champet November 26, 2020

Hello,

Following Atlassian recent announcement regarding Server support, I have a question.

We are using a Jira Core Server hosting Business Processes Issues and Workflows.
On this specific server we have no needs of Jira Software or Service Management features.

I thought, ok we have to migrate at least our licences to DataCenter licences....
But there is no Jira Core DataCenter.

Is anyone facing the same dilemna ?

2 answers

2 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Andy Heinzer
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
December 1, 2020

Hi Patrice,

I understand that you have a current Jira Core license for server and are looking for the equivalent license type in Data Center.  Unfortunately, Atlassian has never offered Jira Core Data Center licenses.

In order to license Jira to use data center, you will need to either apply a Jira Software Data Center or a Jira Service Management (formerly Jira Service Desk) license.  All of the features of Jira Core are then still available within Data Center to licensed users, in addition to the other features of Jira Software or Jira Service Management.

Cloud is ultimately where Atlassian would like you to migrate to.  However if that is not possible for you yet, you can still create new server licenses, but only until February 2, 2021.  On that date you will not be able to purchase a new server license.  Existing server licenses can be renewed up to three years (or specifically to February 2, 2024).   Details in https://www.atlassian.com/migration/key-offering-changes

Does this help?

If not, I'd be interested to learn more about what is preventing you from migrating to our Cloud offering.

Regards,

Andy

Patrice Champet December 2, 2020

Hi @Andy Heinzer ,

Thanks for this answer.

Migration to cloud is now vey restricted due to our compliance policy. We have an internal process for Cloud validation, that we may go through in the future.

0 votes
Answer accepted
Dirk Ronsmans
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
November 26, 2020

Hey @Patrice Champet ,

Strangly I never considered this but indeed I didn't find any information either regarding JIRA Core DC.

I did find the suggestion for it: https://jira.atlassian.com/browse/JRASERVER-62128

I'm curious to see what Atlassian will provide as feedback on this.

I guess you can always go with Jira Software and just not use the functionality (just use a kanban board).

Maybe as a smaller team you'd be better suited going to Cloud or using Trello?

Patrice Champet December 2, 2020

Thanks for your answer @Dirk Ronsmans
Indeed I guess we will have to go to Jira Software datacenter.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events