Jira Cloud and Microsoft Teams Integration

Kimberly January 6, 2021

Everytime I try to add it as a tab in a team, it loads to say:

Service Unavailable

HTTP Error 503. The service is unavailable.

The link it takes me to is: Service Unavailable (msteams-atlassian.com)

Any idea what the cause would be? 

8 answers

4 accepted

3 votes
Answer accepted
Dirk Ronsmans
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
January 7, 2021

Support on it :)

I understand that you are facing issues with the MS Teams app for Jira cloud.

My apologies for the inconvenience caused due to this issue. We are able to reproduce the issue on our end and our development teams are actively working on this incident and resolving this issue as quickly as possible.

Dirk Ronsmans
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
January 8, 2021

@Kimberly 

should be resolved according to support.

Can you give it another shot?

Kimberly January 8, 2021

It finally works!!! I was able to add as a tab to a chat and team. So easy. Thank you.

2 votes
Answer accepted
Vikrant Yadav
Community Leader
Community Leader
January 6, 2021

@Kimberly i recently this integration on our jira. For you need first install JIRA Cloud add-on on MS Teams. Go to Apps > Search JIRA Cloud > Add to team channel. 

Once it done, install plugin Microsoft Team for JIRA :- https://marketplace.atlassian.com/apps/1217836/microsoft-teams-for-jira?hosting=cloud&tab=overview

Once it done, you need to go to manage apps > go to Configuration of the Plugin> Follow the steps mentioned in configuration. 

After this you need to type Connect on JIRA App which you installed on MS Teams. Enter JIRA ID > Connect. 

Try this it should work. Let me know if any issue.

Kimberly January 7, 2021

Jira cloud app has been installed on MS Teams. When trying to add as a tab to a team, it takes forever to load and when it does it says service is unavailable. I was able to download the app Microsoft Teams for JIRA this morning but it doesn't matter at this point if I cannot get the tab added to a team at all. I've taken (or tried to) all the steps you suggested, and on my own. I'm starting to think this is a developer issue. Seems like I'm not the only one having this issue. 

Is there any way to just completely clear out everything in Teams for Jira Cloud to be reinstalled properly? Cache, cookies, etc.

1 vote
Answer accepted
Kimberly January 7, 2021

I was able to connect the Jira Cloud app as a connector to a channel in a team by webhook. I was not able to add it as a tab and set it up that way. 

1 vote
Answer accepted
Gonchik Tsymzhitov
Community Leader
Community Leader
January 7, 2021

Based on the thread activity I would recommend to raise a ticket to Atlassian support.

https://support.atlassian.com/contact/#/

1 vote
Hans De Proft January 6, 2021

Same issue here, we use the app a long time ago, but now in Teams we get an error:

teamsjira2.JPG

And the url https://jira-tab.msteams-atlassian.com/#/go-to-website;page=IssuesAssigned give also "The service is unavailable"

Also when use in the chat :

teamsjira.JPG

Vikrant Yadav
Community Leader
Community Leader
January 7, 2021

@Hans De Proft it seems to be an issue from the developer side. Try to access using web version of the ms teams. 

Hans De Proft January 7, 2021

@Vikrant Yadav  same issue in Teams web

teamsjira3.JPG

Cornelius Maximen January 7, 2021

Hi we have the same issue, teams has been working fine since installed Oct 2019, stopped working 6th Jan 2021.

Any idea how we can fix this please?

Kimberly January 7, 2021

Same boat here. My team and I have followed (or tried to) all the steps to set up but we get the same errors/issues. I can't even get it added as a tab in my team.

1 vote
Gonchik Tsymzhitov
Community Leader
Community Leader
January 6, 2021
Kimberly January 7, 2021

I was able to download the Microsoft Teams for Jira app, but it still gets stuck when I try to add Jira Cloud as a tab in a team. See below:

jira1.PNG

Then when I try to go to this link, it gives me this:

Server Error

502 - Web server received an invalid response while acting as a gateway or proxy server.

There is a problem with the page you are looking for, and it cannot be displayed. When the Web server (while acting as a gateway or proxy) contacted the upstream content server, it received an invalid response from the content server.

0 votes
Elhardt Lori December 6, 2021

The Jira Teams Plug in with TEAMS worked great until about a month ago. When I tried to reinstall the Jira Plug in the page was blank. I found out that if I launched the TEAMS app on the web instead of the client, I just had to reinstate the privilege's and then delete my filters and redo the filters. 

0 votes
s.islam March 11, 2021

We are having a problem. I have installed Jira Cloud in Teams and integrated in Jira also. However, some user's can't create ticket via Jira cloud even though they can create the ticket in Jira for the same Project. As an Jira Admin I can create tickets in any Projects via Jira Cloud.

Can anyone help regarding this?

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
FREE
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events