Jira Calendar Plugin displays 'INCOMPATIBLE' via the Manage add-ons

Dennis Madrid August 9, 2016

Hi Support,

I placed the 'jira-calendar-plugin-4.0.3.jar' into the  'D:\Program Files\Atlassian\Application Data\JIRA\plugins\installed-plugins' directory on our QA JIRA server.

JIRA Version is 6.3.1

Is this a compatible version?

Also, how do access the calendar, how do you get there?

Dennis

1 answer

0 votes
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
August 9, 2016

You should not be installing plugins like that on that version of JIRA.  Use the UPM properly - it won't let you install invalid versions.  If you can't use the UPM connection to the marketplace (firewall prevents external access is the usual reason), then use the "upload add-on" function in the UPM and select the correct version from the list of versions on the marketplace entry.

In this case, a glance at https://marketplace.atlassian.com/plugins/com.atlassian.jira.ext.calendar/versions will tell you exactly what's wrong.

Dennis Madrid August 9, 2016

Hi Nic,

I'm a little new with this forum but and with JIRA Plugins, but how do you install properly? What is UPM?

Thanks for the compatible version.

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
August 9, 2016

Ah, I see.  I'd assumed a long partial familiarity with JIRA because you were installing add-ons using an old deprecated method.  Sorry!

The UPM is the "universal plugin manager" - it's an add-on distributed as part of most Atlassian applications and it adds some links to the admin section of all of them.  The main things it adds are "search for new add-ons" and "manage add-ons", and then all the screens behind them.  It does what it sounds like it does - provides the management of add-ons within the applications.

From JIRA 5 onwards, you should use it for almost all add-on installation and management.  There are a couple that it can't handle, but even those it will tell you about!

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events