Jira/Bitbucket/Bamboo Application Link - not logged in automatically

Jasmin April 18, 2016

We have set up applications link for Bitbucket and Bamboo which uses the JIRA User Directory via Atalssian Crowd. OAuth is configured for outgoing and incoming authentication and I would now expect to be logged in to e.g. Bitbucket if I click the according application link in JIRA - but I'm not. The users have to log in to the other applications separately again. Did we just configured something in the wrong way? It is not clear to me why this is not working.

1 answer

0 votes
Jobin Kuruvilla [Adaptavist]
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
April 19, 2016

Configuring OAuth in application link is different from SSO (Single Sign On). OAuth lets you see JIRA content in Bitbucket and so on, using OAuth tokens. Here you authorize a user in one app to access content in another app, on behalf of a valid user in the second app.

But the login to the other application cannot be done using OAuth.

Checkout Crowd for SSO between Atlassian apps: https://confluence.atlassian.com/display/CROWD/Overview+of+SSO

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events