Jira 7 with Postgresql 10 says database not empty

Justin Bleach February 23, 2017

I have a clean install of postgresql 10 and JIRA 7 on RHEL 7. I have created a database in the public schema and given a JIRA user full access to the database and there is nothing in it.
Why is the setup UI telling me the database is not empty when I test the connection?

1 answer

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
Volodymyr Krupach
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
February 23, 2017
Justin Bleach February 24, 2017

I accepted your answer but the link you gave me shows things that will no longer be supported going forward if I am reading it correctly. That means after 7.2, postgresql 9.0 & 9.1 won't be supported? I see on the postgresql site that anything 9.1 and under is EOL'ed https://yum.postgresql.org/repopackages.php

I'm going to go ahead with a 9.6 install because we only need the DB temporarily. I did notice on that page that version 10 is for "crash testing" only. So I definitely shouldn't have gone with 10.

Volodymyr Krupach
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
February 24, 2017

Sorry, wrong link. Corrected the answer. 10 is not supported. Maximum supported is 9.5.

Justin Bleach February 24, 2017

Ah ok. Well for better or worse 9.6 is working now. It's a temporary setup to get the hang of JIRA. If I see weird things the first person I'll blame is myself and downgrade to 9.5. Thanks again!

Justin Bleach February 28, 2017

To follow up I downgraded to 9.5. There was another problem creating users in the database from the UI side. With 9.5 everything works. Too stubborn to not be stubborn!

Suggest an answer