Javascript Injection and JS Libraries dependencies

Vincent Thoulé _Alkaes_ December 10, 2019

Hi All,

I have to build a small plugin for Jira/Confluence in order to inject JS.

I am aware about Web Resource module type that allows to inject JS depending the different context of the application. It allows to inject a <script> based on an aggregate of JS source from the Application, where the declared dependencies are analysed in order to have the correct JS.

The generated html looks like 

{code:html}<script type="text/javascript" src="/confluence/s/71095c56c641f2c4a4f189b9dfcd7a38-CDN/en_US/8100/5084f018d64a97dc638ca9a178856f851ea353ff/3.1.1/_/download/batch/confluence.extra.livesearch:livesearch-macro-web-resources/confluence.extra.livesearch:livesearch-macro-web-resources.js?locale=en-US" data-wrm-key="confluence.extra.livesearch:livesearch-macro-web-resources" data-wrm-batch-type="resource"></script>{code}

But, how to process if a part of this injected JS has external dependencies not stored on the application. In final, I expect to have 

{code:html}
<script language="JavaScript" src="https://other.copany.com/js/SomeLibrarie.js"></script> {code}

Any idea ?

Thanks

1 answer

1 vote
DPKJ
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
December 10, 2019

Hi @Vincent Thoulé _Alkaes_ 

This is not possible directly to add external web resources. But there are some workaround that you can use,

• Best is, to download all external resources put them in plugin directory and use it from there
  • Or you can try somethings like, "Fetch Inject" (if it works fine in your scenario) https://git.habd.as/jhabdas/fetch-inject

Hopefully this helps.

Vincent Thoulé _Alkaes_ December 10, 2019

Hi DPK J,

The solution could be a possibility if the downloaded resource is cached with some epxiration age, but I did not have yet find such usage in documentation.

The JS resource is a large one, and it would  be not aceptable to reload it all the time without benefit of Browser cache.

I should test it as soon as the implementation is confirmed.

V.

Suggest an answer