JQL query not returning all fields

J.P. Hochbaum December 5, 2017

I am using Python and the Jira.client library.

response = jira.search_issues("project=Default and type=Test and status=Open")

Right now only project key and id is only being returned.  I need to get all fields, anyone know a reason why this may be happening.  By default it should return all fields correct? 

1 answer

1 vote
RianS
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
December 5, 2017

I assume that this is the library you are using. From the documentation it looks like it assumes none for the fields by default and you need to specify the specific fields in a comma separated list or use the word "all" for all the fields as mentioned in the REST guide.

It looks like the default for the REST request is for all fields, but the python library looks like it defaults to none for the search request.

J.P. Hochbaum December 6, 2017

Thanks for the response.  I did try that Rest Guide and followed it.  Although I didn't try setting fields to ALL.  I did find an alternate solution that is working, but I will go back and try all as a parameter value and see if that works.

Suggest an answer