JQL for roadmap

Nic April 8, 2020

I'm trying to figure out what JQL command would give me the same data shown in a next gen project roadmap.  I'm using the smartsheet for Jira connector, and am getting too many tasks that show up 

1 answer

0 votes
Stephen Wright _Elabor8_
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
April 10, 2020

Hi @Nic

Have you tried this query:

project = ABC and issuetype = Epic or parent in (ABC-1, ABC-2, ABC-3)

^ This gives you all the Epics within a Next-Gen project plus all the child issues of a set of Next-Gen Epics which you define.

Parent is used here rather than "Epic Link" as it's Next-Gen.

Ste

Nic April 13, 2020

Thanks. That is very useful.  That  looks to return all the epics.  Is doing the (ABC-1, ABC-2, ABC-3) cause the JQL to check everything?  

Stephen Wright _Elabor8_
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
April 13, 2020

Hi @Nic 

The ABC-* references each Epic singularly, providing the children of each. This is useful if you only want to locate a selection of Epic's children via issue search.

If you just want all Epics and their children which are displayed on the roadmap then you could use:

project = ABC and issuetype in (Epic, standardIssueTypes())

^ Or you can customise the issue types if you don't want all standard types - for example to just receive Epics and Stories:

project = ABC and issuetype in (Epic, Story)

Ste

Suggest an answer