JQL Question - How can I see all Epics that have tickets of a particular status assigned to them?

I am setting up a Kanban board with all my epics.  I would like to color code the epics based on a query.  The query should be 'turn the epic a particular color when a ticket linked to the epics has a status of X or Y'.  I know that the color part is possible based on the board configuration, just can't figure out the query.....help please! 

2 answers

1 accepted

I know this is an old question, but as I was just looking for the same answer which brought me to this page I figured it wouldn't hurt to post the solution I came accross back to this page.

This requires Scriptrunner (We have the most recent version of Scriptrunner, and believe that this query works out of the box even with the older free version.)

To return a list of all Epics which have an issue which is blocked within it you should be able to use

Issuefunction in linkedIssuesOf("status = blocked", "has Epic")

I have added this to some of our Kanban board and used it to change the color of the card where there is a blocked issue in the Epic (even where the epic itself is still has a status of in progress)

0 vote

JQL is for finding issues.  It says nothing about their display.

So, your JQL will need to be "issuetype = epic", then you go to "card colours" in the Board configuration and set the card colours based on queries for status.  (e.g. Red = Query, "Status = blocked")

I guess my question didn't come out correctly - I need the JQL that shows me all epics that have a linked tickets (enhancements or bugs) with a status = X or Y. Not the status of the epic itself.

Suggest an answer

Community showcase
Emilee Spencer
Published Friday in Marketplace Apps

Marketplace Spotlight: DeepAffects

Hello Atlassian Community! My name is Emilee, and I’m a Product Marketing Manager for the Marketplace team. Starting with this post, I'm kicking off a monthly series of Spotlights to highlight Ma...

50 views 0 3
Read article

Atlassian User Groups

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find a group

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find my local user group

Unfortunately there are no AUG chapters near you at the moment.

Start an AUG

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local meet up. Learn more about AUGs

Groups near you
Atlassian Team Tour

Join us on the Team Tour

We're bringing product updates and pro tips on teamwork to ten cities around the world.

Save your spot