JQL Question - How can I see all Epics that have tickets of a particular status assigned to them?

Deleted user October 28, 2015

I am setting up a Kanban board with all my epics.  I would like to color code the epics based on a query.  The query should be 'turn the epic a particular color when a ticket linked to the epics has a status of X or Y'.  I know that the color part is possible based on the board configuration, just can't figure out the query.....help please! 

3 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Wil Holder September 9, 2016

I know this is an old question, but as I was just looking for the same answer which brought me to this page I figured it wouldn't hurt to post the solution I came accross back to this page.

This requires Scriptrunner (We have the most recent version of Scriptrunner, and believe that this query works out of the box even with the older free version.)

To return a list of all Epics which have an issue which is blocked within it you should be able to use

Issuefunction in linkedIssuesOf("status = blocked", "has Epic")

I have added this to some of our Kanban board and used it to change the color of the card where there is a blocked issue in the Epic (even where the epic itself is still has a status of in progress)

Deleted user September 12, 2016

Thanks Wil!!

0 votes
Shovan January 2, 2019

How about this

project = NAME AND type = Epic 

or just

type = Epic 
0 votes
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
October 28, 2015

JQL is for finding issues.  It says nothing about their display.

So, your JQL will need to be "issuetype = epic", then you go to "card colours" in the Board configuration and set the card colours based on queries for status.  (e.g. Red = Query, "Status = blocked")

Deleted user October 28, 2015

I guess my question didn't come out correctly - I need the JQL that shows me all epics that have a linked tickets (enhancements or bugs) with a status = X or Y. Not the status of the epic itself.

Yolanda Repetto-Logan November 3, 2018

I am looking for a similar query, but need the status of the epic, itself.  

Like Mike Lennox likes this
Kenneth Huie April 14, 2020

@Yolanda Repetto-Logan  - were you able to figure that out? I see in JIRA how you can add or remove columns. So if you use @Nic Brough -Adaptavist- 's example "issuetype = epic" in the search. You can then use the Columns drop down to add/remove what you need.

Status.PNG

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events