• Give kudos
  • Received
  • Given

Leaderboard

• Global

Trophy case

Kudos (beta program)

Kudos logo

You've been invited into the Kudos (beta program) private group. Chat with others in the program, or give feedback to Atlassian.

View group

It's not the same without you

Join the community to find out what other Atlassian users are discussing, debating and creating.

Atlassian Community Hero Image Collage

JQL Question - Date Picker Custom Field And Add 1 Day

Apologies for the confusing title of this post. What I am trying to achieve via JQL shouldn't be too difficult. 

I have a Date Picker custom field titled "Visit End Date." I am trying to figure out the JQL to pull the current date of whatever is entered into this field, but add one day.

I understand that "Visit End Date"=now() will give me Issues that reflect the current date, I'm just not sure how to write JQL that gives me the date of whatever was entered +1 day.

What I ultimately am trying to achieve is via the Automation for Jira plugin, have an automatic transition that happens 1 day after whatever date was entered in this field.

Any help would be much appreciated.

2 answers

1 accepted

Hi,
Try to configure an automation that runs daily and transition issues to the desired status.

To pull "yesterday" issues use this JQL filter:
"Visit End Date" >= startOfDay(-1) AND "Visit End Date" < startOfDay() 

It should be work.

Kind Regards.

Hey this works fantastically. I really appreciate the help!

Glad to help you ;)

Following up on my initial post, maybe this is closer to what I am looking for:

"Visit Certification Active" AND "Visit End Date" >= -1d

I'm not sure if this would make a transition happen 1 day after the date in the custom field. I am quickly beginning to confuse myself.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
Community showcase
Published in Marketplace Apps & Integrations

Bitbucket Smart Commits vs. Genius Commits - What's the difference?

If you already heard about Smart Commits in Bitbucket, know that you just stumbled upon something even better (and smarter!): Genius Commits by Better DevOps Automation for Jira Data Center (+ Server...

130 views 0 2
Read article

Community Events

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find an event

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Unfortunately there are no Community Events near you at the moment.

Host an event

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local event. Learn more about Community Events

Events near you