JQL Query that excludes certain labels

Harley Petit December 19, 2016

I use labels to help identify which items in development have been added to our pending release notes/wiki. I use 'InWiki' to denote items that have been added to the release notes/wiki and 'NotInWiki' to denote items that we have determined should not be seen in the release notes/wiki.

I have a query that shows me all items in a release that contain no labels, as I was the only one using the labels system. Now that we are using labels for more purposes, my query, which uses Labels = Empty, does not work, and it doesn't seem to work if I use (Labels != InWiki OR Labels != NotInWiki). Am I using the correct operators? What's the best way to make sure that I'm pulling items excluding those labels, but including empty label fields, as most but not all of the items I want to see will not have any label?

2 answers

0 votes
Harley Petit December 20, 2016

I think I may have figured it out.

AND (Labels IS NULL OR Labels != InWiki AND Labels != NotInWIki)

0 votes
Doug Swartz
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
December 19, 2016

Try:

NOT (labels = InWiki or labels = NotOnWiki)

Harley Petit December 20, 2016

I'm specifically looking to exclude everything labeled as InWiki or NotInWiki. Including those labels seems to work fine; Excluding them does not.

Suggest an answer