JQL: How to get day from date?

Hi,

Is there a way I can get day from date in JQL? I need something like DAY (<date>) or DATEPART (day, <date>) in T-SQL.

1 answer

1 accepted

1 vote

JQL is for finding issues, not working with the results.  All you really get from a JQL search is a list of issues. 

You then push that through some reporting (the issue navigator, reports, gadgets etc), and the reporting is what determines the output. 

So, you'd need to do that in the report, not JQL.  So the next question is "where do you want to see this data?"

(Although, there's a 95% chance that the answer is going to be "you need a scripted field", I should ask just in case it's not)

Hi, Nic, Thank you for your reply. I know that JQL queries return issues as results. I'd like to use day number in query to get a list of issues which were for instance created on a certain day, regardless of month or year. Or updated, or something. I'm not sure if I managed to explain but I do hope it makes sense.

Right, you'll need something that can extract that. It's a JQL function or a scripted field to pull that out so you can search on it.

Just to make sure - you mean custom dev, right?

Suggest an answer

How to earn badges on the Atlassian Community

How to earn badges on the Atlassian Community

Badges are a great way to show off community activity, whether you’re a newbie or a Champion.

Learn more
Community showcase
Posted Wednesday in Jira

Join our webinar: How 1B+ feature flag events helped us build the new Jira

Every time you release software, there's a bit of risk – that there's a bug, that something breaks, or that the feature doesn't resonate with customers. Feature flagging helps make high stakes s...

116 views 0 3
Join discussion

Atlassian User Groups

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find a group

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find my local user group

Unfortunately there are no AUG chapters near you at the moment.

Start an AUG

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local meet up. Learn more about AUGs

Groups near you