[JJupin/SIL] How to read textfile with UTF8 encoding?

Błażej O_
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
November 9, 2016

I have a problem with reading the content of the text files encoded with UTF8 to SIL.

I obviously started from readFromTextFile() but it produces garbage in place of the national special characters.

I cannot find a proper solution to the above problem. None of the workarounds that I found work in 100% cases. Any help or hints appreaciated.

2 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Radu Dumitriu
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
November 9, 2016

There's a setting in JJUPIN to establish the charset with all the file text operations are executed, including the sources. Now, by default it is set to UTF-8, and I suppose you changed it.

To do what you require, an overload of the readTextFromFile() receiving the charset as parameter should be in place. Now there's none, but I will add it.

0 votes
Michael Partyka
Rising Star
Rising Star
November 9, 2016

@Błażej Olszyca Have you tried to set Charset before reading?

image2016-11-9 14:7:40.png

Suggest an answer