JIRA upgrade on our own server

Deleted user January 25, 2016

Tried to upgrade JIRA recently on our Win Server 2012 VM (db = SQL Server 2008) from v6.4.12 to v7.05, and then after that failed miserably, to v7.09.  Attempts to contact Atlassian support since at least last week have also failed miserably.  Launching after the upgrade redirects to a long error message like this:

java.lang.RuntimeException: javax.servlet.ServletException: java.lang.NoSuchMethodError: com.atlassian.jira.security.JiraAuthenticationContext.getLoggedInUser()Lcom/atlassian/crowd/embedded/api/User;

...followed by about 200 lines of error details.  Can anyone help?

9 answers

0 votes
Deleted user February 17, 2016

We restored the VM back to an earlier version (with JIRA working at v6.4.12), then tried the upgrade to version 7.1.  No errors, but no page, either.  Support site is still down, even though Atlassian is spamming me about their wunnerful JIRA upgrade.  Restarting VM to see if that makes any difference.  It did not...

0 votes
Deleted user February 9, 2016

Every time I try to create a support ticket, I get a message telling me the site is down.  Has Atlassian gone under?  (I know they're "down under" but this is getting ridiculous!)

0 votes
Deleted user February 9, 2016

Any progress?  I still haven't heard anything from Atlassian.  Not sure how to rattle their cage at this point...

0 votes
Vikas Gautam January 29, 2016

I got a response back and it seems I needed to disable all the Pluging (Compatibility check). After that happened, at least it (upgrade) works. However, at the end of the upgrade, I have lost all the data so we are in the process of backing out and retrying.

0 votes
Deleted user January 29, 2016

I have still not heard a peep out of Atlassian.  I even contacted their sales people, hoping they would rattle some cages.  Has anyone been able to get through to JIRA support?

0 votes
Vikas Gautam January 26, 2016

No. In fairness, I just opened the ticket yesterday and I guess they are in Australia. 

0 votes
Deleted user January 26, 2016

Vikas, did you ever get anyone from Atlassian to help?  I've been trying for a week now...

0 votes
Vikas Gautam January 26, 2016

Hi John - not sure if this helps but we are facing the same issue (from 6.2.2 to 7.0.9 though).

0 votes
Deleted user January 25, 2016

Upgraded Confluence at the same time, from v5.8.13 to v5.9.4 – that upgrade (on the same server but different port) was uneventful.  At this point, I'd be happy to return to the last working version of JIRA (v6.4.12)...

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events