JIRA tickets linked from Confluence get updates with every Confluence page update

Julie Cash March 9, 2018

I have a Confluence that links several JIRA tickets. Anytime the the Confluence page is updated (by, let's say, adding a line of text to it), all JIRA tickets linked by this Confluence page appear as updated.  How do I shut that off?

TY!

3 answers

0 votes
Matt Doar
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
March 14, 2018

It may be that when you edit the Confluence page, the jiraissue macro which is what provides the table of Jira issues connects to Jira to refresh its data. So you see the changes that have been made in Jira. I don't think that Confluence is going to Jira and updating the Jira issues though.

0 votes
Julie Cash March 14, 2018

Confluence Space and linked to one project.  thanks!

0 votes
Fadoua
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
March 12, 2018

Hi Julie,

JIRA Cloud or Server?

Julie Cash March 12, 2018

Server - ty!

Fadoua
Community Leader
Community Leader
March 12, 2018

What version is Confluence? What change did you make in your instance recently (Administration side) in Confluence?

Julie Cash March 12, 2018

server and we haven't made any changes  thx

Fadoua
Community Leader
Community Leader
March 13, 2018

I will need some more details so that I can understand exactly what's happening.

I have a Confluence that links several JIRA tickets

Do you mean a Confluence Space?

Did you add a link to one project? or several projects in JIRA?

Sloan N_ B_
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
March 14, 2018

To underline @Fadoua questions for details. Here is a List of things that could be useful for us, to help you with troubleshooting:

• What is the Current Confluence Server and Jira Server version you are using? You find the Version the easiest at the bottom of confluence and JiraScreen Shot 2018-03-14 at 15.29.53.png
  • Can you show us a Screenshot of the affected Confluence page or space? (please black out sensitive infos)
  • How exactly do the Jira issues behave after the changes? Screenshots help here as well. :)

Suggest an answer