JIRA stopped working and restart sent me back to initial setup screen

Paul Thordarson January 6, 2017

JIRA clients suddenly started failing (505 error as I recall).  When I restarted JIRA and opened the web server it took me to the initial setup screen.  Is there any way to recover my data?  I stopped when this happened to try to preserve my old data, the most valuable actually being the hours spent on permissions setup.

My config is a Mac mini running Mac OS X server.  Version is 10.12.2.

I was running the start-jira.sh from the command line.  I have the repeating issues plug in installed.  I am using the free MySQL for Mac OS X running as a startup service as the data base.

Please advise how to proceed.

2 answers

0 votes
Paul Thordarson January 6, 2017

Before a whole reinstall, I ran the config tool again, which killed my db config file (simple to fix, just delete deprecated property as I read elsewhere)

When it restarted, I had to reindex the data base.  I now had my data back but I was now missing the repeating issues plunging I purchased yesterday.  No evidence that I even purchased it: manage adding showed nothing for it and looking for paid via Atlassian showed no add ons in my JIRA instance.

I really want the repeating add on and don't want to buy it twice or reinstall it if that had anything to do with the original problem.

Volodymyr Krupach
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
January 7, 2017

You do not need to buy the addon again. The license for addon is available under my.atlassian.com. Install the addon again and apply the license from your account.

0 votes
QuentinB
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
January 6, 2017

You may be could re-install a new JIRA and upload the last XML backup :
https://confluence.atlassian.com/adminjiraserver071/automating-jira-application-backups-802592966.html 

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events