JIRA openSprints () function not working

Ayush June 22, 2019

Hi,

I tried using sprint in openSprints () function but it is showing no issues found. But, when I remove this from the JQL and run my query I am able to see the issues in the current sprint, future sprint.

Can anyone help me out here?

1 answer

0 votes
Earl McCutcheon
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
June 24, 2019

Hi Ayush,

I checked using just the "Sprints in openSprints()" portion of the JQL, and its working without issue in my test instance, so I am wondering if there is some error in the logic occuring for the full query causing a conflict.

First, can you run the "Sprints in openSprints()" JQL by itself just to verify this portion is functioning as intended, and then can you provide the full query you are using so I can take a closer look.

Regards,
Earl

Ayush June 24, 2019

Hi Earl,

Thank you for the response. 

Sample Query that I am using - issues in (FET-1234, FET-7383) 

This is working fine.

But, when I am using issues in (FET-1234, FET-7383) AND Sprints in openSprints()

I am getting something like this(AttachmentScreenshot 2019-06-24 at 6.58.27 PM.png).

Can you help me out here?

Earl McCutcheon
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
June 24, 2019

Hi,

The error you are seeing: "Field or Filter does not exist or you do not have permission to view it" has a few different causes covered in the following KB article, and I would guess that the sprint fields is set to Hidden in the field configurations, check out the KB for some additional details at point 5 in the resolution section:

Regards,
Earl

Johan June 25, 2019

Hi Ayush,

Do you have a custom field called Sprints? If you want the default field, this is a singular form.

So: in the JQL you are using Sprints in openSprints(), where it should be Sprint in openSprints().

Like Earl McCutcheon likes this
Ayush June 25, 2019

Hi Johan,

No, it is not a custom field and I tried using Singular as well as Plural form but it was not working till yesterday.

Though, it worked with Singular form today. Really don't know how this happened.

Thanks a lot!

Guhan Sukumaran October 23, 2019

I am getting: Unable to find JQL function 'openSprint()'

Like Gustavo Koldorff likes this

Suggest an answer