JIRA notifications: limit to a group?

Jacob Weber May 3, 2016

I'm trying to reduce the volume of email that our users receive from JIRA. For example, most of our users don't want emails about worklogs, but some do.

Is it possible to set up a group, where people in the group receive worklog notifications, and other people don't?

If I edit the Notification Scheme and set a group to be notified on worklog events, the group would get notified about ALL issues, even those that they don't own or watch. I guess I'm trying to add a condition that's combined with the existing conditions using AND not OR. Possible?

2 answers

0 votes
Jacob Weber May 5, 2016

@Chris Dunne [GetJirified.com]: Not quite. I want watchers, reporters, handlers (the usual people) to receive worklog notifications BUT ONLY IF they're in a certain group (e.g. "people-who-care-about-worklogs").

0 votes
Chris Dunne
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
May 3, 2016

No sure I fully understand your question but it sounds like you only want watchers to receive worklog notifications. Is that correct?

Suggest an answer