JIRA not starting after upgrade to 7.0.3

Antonio_Costa December 4, 2015

Hi.

I've red several posts regarding problems starting JIRA after upgrade to version 7. I tried to follow the steps on this post (https://confluence.atlassian.com/display/JIRAKB/Upgrading+to+JIRA+7+throws+a+NoSuchMethodError+on+com.atlassian.crowd.embedded.api.User) but it didn't help me solving the problem. When I try to access the Manage Add-ons page I'm also getting the 500 error. At this moment reviewing the log I'm not sure which plugin is giving me problems.

The error is the one identified on the post.

java.lang.RuntimeException: javax.servlet.ServletException: java.lang.NoSuchMethodError: com.atlassian.jira.security.JiraAuthenticationContext.getLoggedInUser()Lcom/atlassian/crowd/embedded/api/User;

Thank you for your help.

2 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
December 4, 2015

Have you tried removing all the listed add-ons on the page you've linked to from  $JIRA-Home/plugins/installed-plugins

and restarting?

0 votes
Luciano Fagundes
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
December 4, 2015

Suggest an answer