JIRA issue doesn't exist or you don't have permission to view it.

Kathleen Smith March 16, 2016

2 answers

1 accepted

2 votes
Answer accepted
GabrielleJ
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
March 16, 2016

Yes, that error is telling you the JIRA issue you tried to view is either DOES NOT EXISTS or you don't have the proper permission to view it. Contact the JIRA Project admin to verify.

Kathleen Smith March 16, 2016

Thank you for your response. I probably should have been a little more clear on my issue smile. Basically, I am not able to see any projects or issues. My JIRA Admin has set me up and mirrored my account with another colleague that can see all projects and issues, so we are perplexed as to why I cannot see them. My top menu bar only shows JIRA - DASHBOARDS - BOARDS... If I choose Boards, I can only create new - I cannot see any boards. I have added the Issues gadget to my dashboard, but when I click to see existing issues, I get a message showing that the JIRA issue either does not exist or I do not have permission to see it. So I need to know how to configure my account to see all projects and issues. Thanks smile

GabrielleJ
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
March 16, 2016

You will have to ask your JIRA admin to check your account's role and if those roles are in their corresponding project permission schemes.

Karthick Jaganathan September 3, 2018

Same issue is occurring for one user alone. User has same level of access as her team mates hold. 

Error in confluence page : 

JIRA project doesn't exist or you don't have permission to view it.

View these issues in JIRA

User can able to view the issues in jira.

0 votes
Jonathan Carter January 5, 2021

Facing the same issue just for one user.  User has access to the project and is in fact the creator of the Confluence Page.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Cory Larson April 22, 2021

I just had this come up today for several of my users (I'm the admin).  Permissions were fine, we've been setup for several years. For us, we just had to log out of all JIRA instances and close all browsers, then log back in.  This solved it for our users. 

Somehow we were able to navigate the project but the system didn't have us fully logged in and we couldn't do anything on the boards.

Suggest an answer