JIRA issue doesn't exist or you don't have permission to view it.

1 answer

1 accepted

Yes, that error is telling you the JIRA issue you tried to view is either DOES NOT EXISTS or you don't have the proper permission to view it. Contact the JIRA Project admin to verify.

Thank you for your response. I probably should have been a little more clear on my issue smile. Basically, I am not able to see any projects or issues. My JIRA Admin has set me up and mirrored my account with another colleague that can see all projects and issues, so we are perplexed as to why I cannot see them. My top menu bar only shows JIRA - DASHBOARDS - BOARDS... If I choose Boards, I can only create new - I cannot see any boards. I have added the Issues gadget to my dashboard, but when I click to see existing issues, I get a message showing that the JIRA issue either does not exist or I do not have permission to see it. So I need to know how to configure my account to see all projects and issues. Thanks smile

You will have to ask your JIRA admin to check your account's role and if those roles are in their corresponding project permission schemes.

Suggest an answer

How to earn badges on the Atlassian Community

How to earn badges on the Atlassian Community

Badges are a great way to show off community activity, whether you’re a newbie or a Champion.

Learn more
Community showcase
Posted 6 hours ago in Confluence

Calling all marketing teams who use Confluence - we want to hear from you!

Hi Community! me again 🙂 If you’re a marketing team using Confluence, we want to hear your story! How did you start using Confluence? What are your use cases? What have been some of the benefits?...

31 views 1 2
Join discussion

Atlassian User Groups

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find a group

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find my local user group

Unfortunately there are no AUG chapters near you at the moment.

Start an AUG

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local meet up. Learn more about AUGs

Groups near you