JIRA issue description formatting issue

Matthew K June 3, 2016

I've been having an issue with the H3 formatting in JIRA OnDemand today. I don't know why, but when I use the h3. formatter, it doesn't actually format the text correctly after I save my issue description. But, while I'm editing, if I click the preview button below I see the text formatted correctly.

As a work around, I've been manually formatting my (otherwise H3) titles with a "bold" and "underline" to keep them clear that they're a separate section under the H2 sections.

3 answers

1 vote
Meck
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
June 3, 2016

Hello Matthew

I just do the same test and the same thing happened that you described. I believe it is a JIRA bug.

And I found this at Syntax Help, I think the bug is the preview.

image2016-6-4 4:10:8.png

Regards.

0 votes
Matthew K June 3, 2016

This is what I'm attempting. If I change the h3. to h4., it will work as expected. Right now, I'm seeing that the font is larger for h3. but not bold like in the preview. In another issue I wrote, the font wasn't larger either. (I'm including screen grabs as well)

image2016-6-3 15:13:51.png 

image2016-6-3 15:15:33.png

h2.Brief

Create a model and/or library for accessing and modifying the organizations.

h2. Task
A library should include a set of public methods for higher-level CRUD operations to the organizations. They should always abide the rules, and manage the organization trees. This will remove low-level CRUD operations from standard coding workflow.

h3. CREATE & UPDATE
The +create+ and +update+ operations should always follow the hierarchy rules:
# A user entity may exist in multiple organizations.
# A user entity may only exist in any individual organization once as a single role.
# All organizations will start with an *{{ILO}}*.
# An *{{ILO}}* can be a direct parent to an *{{A}}*, *{{BR}}*, and *{{B}}*.
# An *{{A}}* can be a direct parent to a *{{BR}}*, *{{LO}}*, and *{{B}}*.
# A *{{BR}}* can be a direct parent to a *{{LO}}* and *{{B}}*.
# A *{{LO}}* can only be parent to a *{{B}}*.

h3. READ
In addition, the +read+ operations should be limited based on the user's organizational or non-organizational roles:
- If a user is a *platform admin*, they may see any and all users in any organization.
- If a user is _not_ a platform admin, they may only see the users (and other objects like "applications") below their account in the organization tree.

h3. DELETE
The +delete+ operation should ONLY be available to an element in the hierarchy when there is no other entity below it. (i.e. it may not have users or other objects below it). This ensures there's never a hierarchy change or orphaned objects. Also, a paper trail must always exist.

0 votes
Meck
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
June 3, 2016

Matthew, could you sent the prints here? I always use H3. or h3. and it works. 

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events