JIRA had problems starting up

Tek On Call December 4, 2018

I for the life of me can't figure out what is happening here.  I manually copied the wire Home and Application directory from one server to another.  I also properly pointed to the correct database.  But I am suddenly getting this error message.  This is a first, as I have done this successfully in the past with different servers.  Please advise if you can.  This is running on Windows server 2016.  

jira_Error.png

1 answer

0 votes
Grigory Salnikov
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
December 4, 2018

Hello!

Please, have a look at the similar question.

Thank you.  Quick question.  What would the name of the lock file be in Jira home directory?  Would there be a particular extension.  

Johan Soetens _Dumblefy_
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
December 4, 2018

Name of the file should be .jira-home.lock

Thank you. 

I don't see it, So I'm guessing that it's a permissions issue, however I am logged in as the administrator and have full read/write permissions to the drive and or directory.  

Grigory Salnikov
Rising Star
Rising Star
December 4, 2018

The file may be hidden. Check "Show hidden files" checkbox.

Tek On Call December 5, 2018

Thank you very much!  This worked!  

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events