JIRA for Asset Management

Vikram Koda November 29, 2018

Hi,

i'm trying to build an asset management solution for our org on JIRA Stand alone instance- this is after reading through blogs on what atalassian achieved.

This for me would be a proof of concept to showcase to my org that JIRA can deliver an effective asset management solution.

However i'm having trouble achieving certain requirements that i have within the asset management setup that i am working, i managed to follow the documents of atallasian's asset management project by creating issue types etc.

i need a conclusive guide on how to proceed further.

As i stated earlier, i need to convince my management that JIRA can be our go to solution for Asset Management - so purchasing plugins is not an option for me right now.

thank you,

Vikram

2 answers

0 votes
Vikram Koda November 29, 2018

Hi NIc,

Thank you for your reply, i have been following - 

http://atlassian.wpengine.netdna-cdn.com/wp-content/uploads/assetebook.pdf

are there any other resources that i can refer to and build a solution?

Thanks,

Vikram

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
November 29, 2018

Not really, that's a scrape of the documentation most of us use if we're not using Insight.

Where are you stuck with it?

Vikram Koda December 3, 2018

HI Nic,

Apologies for not replying much earlier, my use case being are having different cost centers having their own dashboard and access to their own specific asset data - this has to be pulled out from the main data that has been recorded.

In workflow - would it be possible to set the asset status to "In Service" from "In Stock" as an auto trigger once an assignee is assigned.

I'm failry new to JIRA, so pardon my ignorance if any.

Thank you.

0 votes
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
November 29, 2018

We don't know what docs you are following, or where they are not "a conclusive guide" already!

Suggest an answer