JIRA filter - omit label

Julio Valdez June 7, 2016

I’m trying to get a filter to show JIRA that do not include a certain label, but I’m hitting a wall with the logic.  When I use “AND NOT” it excludes JIRA that shouldn’t be excluded, and if I try to use “labels is not “ I get an error about “is not” isn’t used for non-empty values of the field “labels”.

The filter query is this, and I’ve bolded where I’m having issues:

project = ODSY AND "Found By" = GVP AND status in (Open, "In Progress", Reopened, Resolved, "Info Needed", "Needs Review", "Insufficient Info", Pending, Triaging) AND NOT labels = ODSY_KANBAN_FTL_TRIAGED

Is there a way for my filter to show JIRA that do not have the ODSY_KANBAN_FTL_TRIAGED label?

1 answer

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
Petar Petrov (Appfire)
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
June 7, 2016

To check for all issues that do not have the ODSY_KANBAN_FTL_TRIAGED label you need to add:

project = ODSY AND "Found By" = GVP AND status in (Open, "In Progress", Reopened, Resolved, "Info Needed", "Needs Review", "Insufficient Info", Pending, Triaging) and (labels != "ODSY_KANBAN_FTL_TRIAGED" or labels is EMPTY)

This will also include issues without any labels - remove the last part of the query if you want to only look at issues which have at least one label.

More information and examples can be found in the documentation.

Suggest an answer