JIRA filter & dashboard reindexing

Fleming Chiu December 2, 2015

Hi there,

Anyone know how to only do filter & dashboard re-index.

Any suggestion would be appreciated!

3 answers

0 votes
Fleming Chiu December 3, 2015

Hi,

Yes, I know how to do that you mentioned above.

I also knew there is an index manager api  by that I can re-index/de-index by issue.

My question is that I wonder whether there is specific manager api for re-build index of filter & dashboard.

I think the key point for JIRA HA is index, so I want to sync two JIRA instance index according to the database new record.

Anyone can give me suggestion or point me out where the source code is, maybe i can try to crack it.

Thank you

Phill Fox
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
December 3, 2015

Hi Fleming Thanks for clarifying your question. With the additional context I can now see what you are trying to do. Unfortunately I have no knowledge that can help you here. Phill

0 votes
Phill Fox
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
December 2, 2015

Hi Fleming

I am not sure why you feel the need to reindex. If a dashboard is showing out of date information you should check what the refresh cycle time is for each gadget as they are not live-feed gadgets.  To do this you need administrator rights on the dashboard. Then look at the settings for any gadget that is not showing the uptodate information.

If this does not address the issue then the instructions from @Fabio Racobaldo [Herzum] will help you reindex.

Phill 

0 votes
Fabio Racobaldo _Herzum_
Community Leader
Community Leader
December 2, 2015

Hi Fleming,

reindex is associated to issues and not to filter and dashboard. You need to perform a full reindex of your JIRA instance :

1. JIRA Administration -> System -> Indexing
  2. Reindex

In the latests JIRA Version you could re-index a single project :

1. Visit the project
  2. Click on the administrator tab
  3. Click Actions button -> Reindex project

Hope this helps,

Fabio

Suggest an answer