JIRA fields in exported data

Brenda Veale February 12, 2017

The ticket has this information

image2017-2-13 13:22:56.png

The export to excel has this information

image2017-2-13 13:25:11.png

How do these numbers relate to each other?

1 answer

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
February 12, 2017

The excel numbers are in milliseconds as a starter, so divide them by 3600 to get them in hours (for example)

Now, note that you have "include sub-tasks" selected.  That means the "original estimate" and "remaining estimate" in Excel are not shown on screen, it's the values of the issue and all its subtasks being shown. 

Those are shown in the sigma values of the two estimate - 36000/3600 = 10 hours = 1d 2h (because your working day is set to 8 hours).  Same for remaining.

I'm not sure where the 840 in sigma-time-spent is from though.  It's adding up something else.

Brenda Veale February 12, 2017

Hi Nic - dividing by 3600 to get seconds works for the sum of the estimate however does not for the sum of the time spent.  Are you able to give clues about what is going on in this field too?

Thank you

Brenda

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
February 12, 2017

I want to do some digging on that, it's why I said "I'm not sure" at the end of the answer. 

To help me out, could you take a look at

• What the time logs add up to on the parent issue only
  • What the time logs on all the subtasks add up to

Suggest an answer